Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Early Days

I've finally finished organizing the cards I've made.  In many cases, I'm guessing at the dates, but I think I'm pretty close.  This entry has cards I made in November-December 2008.



The only thing on this card from Stampin' Up is the black ink used in the stamp. And maybe the paper.  I just don't remember.  The daisy is two layers.  I stamped it, then stamped again, colored, cut it out, and adhered to the card using dimensionals.  This isn't too bad for an early attempt.  I had to color the sentiment using regular markers.  I'm surprised it looks as good as it does.


I vividly recall how difficult this was to make.  All materials are from a Big Box Store.  The flowers are punched out, and little brads are holding them to the big purple flower.  It's a gate fold card, which I had a REALLY hard time with - didn't have my ScorPal to assist in the scoring and folding.



This plain little card was inspired by a card my friend Alice made.  Her card had birthday presents on the DSP, but I couldn't find that.  I thought candles would work almost as well.  I was learning to layer.  The Stamp is from SU - On Your Birthday - the first stamp set I bought, I think.  Not sure about the paper.



Another plain card using mostly Big Box Store supplies.  The stamp is from Stampin' Up (On Your Birthday).


No comments:

Post a Comment